- The Name of Purniahs father was
Krishnacharya and his mothers name was Lakshmi Bai. He had a younger brother, Venkat Rao.
- He was born in 1746 in Coimbatore District
and died in 1812.
- Purniah's 1st wife had 2 sons and a
daughter. His 2nd wife, 3 sons and 2 daughters.They were Madhava Brahmins.
- The 1st son ( Narasinga Rao ) by his 1st
wife died in 1808, before his father and that is why the 1st son (Anantharamappa) of his
2nd wife became the next Jagirdar.
- Thereafter the other 2 sons of his 1st wife
- The heridatary Jagir of Yellandur was
conferred on him on 27/11/1807 by the Raja of Mysore on the recommendation of the British.
- He was the 1st Dewan of Modern Mysore
having served as Prime Minister to both Hyder Ali and his son Tipu Sultan.
- The female members of the family tree are
not shown till after the Jagir was abolished in 1956.